View previous topicGo downView next topic
Admin
Admin
View user profilehttp://fusionplayrp.forumotion.com

Re: Blood Well: Origins - Provollshia & the Storm Tyrant (Arc II)

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:14 pm
Z-Faulds wrote:From rooftop to rooftop he had begun to move, stopping at the occasional corner to give a brief respite to his legs and lungs. Ryozha's mind, always aware of his surroundings, began to silently scream for him to hide. The magnitude of his sixth sense grew substantially with each advance he made. His eyes, now full accustomed to the dark of night, quickly scanned the streets below before a sharp tug at his consciousness caused him to snap his gaze to a building a short distance away. With what little light that shone, he could make out the shape of a number of figures climbing on the roof holding....something in each of their hands.

"No doubt they are more fanatics..." Ryozha cursed under his breath. "I cannot afford to remain upon these roofs anymore."

With a swift scan of the street, the young Geomancer quietly lowered himself to the ground on the opposite side of the building so that he was not seen by the sentries that advanced upon the elevated structures. He glanced from side to side before spotting yet another alleyway, which the streets were littered with. With a silent groan of displeasure, Ryozha darted there as quickly and quietly as he could. Upon reaching the alleyway, he stole a quick glance to see that it was shrouded in darkness. He grimaced at the thought of hiding away like a stray beast, but he had no choice at the current time. He stepped into the darkened alley and allowed the shadows of the night to conceal his figure from sight.

"This...this place is not right. Not in the least bit." He whispered quietly enough that only his ears could hear his voice. "I must find a means of escaping thise stone prison...."

His eyes snapped wide open as a thought dawned on him. While he had only been aware of and utilized his strange powers for a brief time, they stemmed from the very terrain around him. He was in a position where he could easily stage a distraction. He contemplated this idea for a brief moment before nodding to himself.

"This may just work. Now I must prepare."
Admin
Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:15 pm
BioCollision wrote:In silence I stood. I was not sure whether it was in shock of what I witnessed resting from within the alter, or the haunting voice that seemed to emit from it. I cringed a little at the sight of the corpse. You would figure by now, after all that I have seen in the past few months, this would have not bothered me. However, this was different. This body looked as if the entity was targeted to be tortured.

Though, every fiber in my body was compelled to not trust this voice, this corpse, this situation; something also compelled me to beckon to its call. The scent was purely foul, as if something dark and evil was in presence. Could it be the voice or was it simply what had been done to it. I knew nothing of what happened in this city, but from what little I experienced, it was truly a terrible thing. Something I almost did not want to imagine.

“A request,” I questioned with a pause in between, “A struggle?”

Conflict filled my very being, incapable of determining whether I could trust this voice. However, as much as I did not trust it, in my history of hearing voices, it made me stronger as a person. After all, I found my mother in the very same way. But this seemingly tormented soul was different from that. My curiosity however got the best of me. I took a step forward as I glanced toward the corpse still.

“What is it that you wish to see me do?”

My nose tingled with a pungent stench, telling me that something was wrong here. But I wanted to know, I wanted to find out more.
Admin
Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:15 pm
Remus and the Burnt Ruins of a False God (Continued):

...oh child...there is light within you...
...so strong...yet...you fear too much...

From the blade, a resonant hum started low before it grew and grew. The stones of the altar began to rattle as a gust of decay expelled the cracks of the open crevasses where the sword punctured the stone. There was silence for a moment...and then the corpse seemed to creak as a shallow breath left the unmoving figure.

...my task is simple...young one...
...there is great...evil...in this city...
...complete the task...I could not...
...save the...innocent...

Another shallow breath escaped the altar before exploding out from the top came four stone shards that once pieced into the slab atop. The sword itself was unmoved...but the stones landed before Remus' feet. From the corpse's unmoving lips came an echo of hollow words that resonated well against the blade.

...within this city...place the stones...were they...belong.
...to the East...a cobblestone street...
...to the West...a mortarless wall...
...to the North...a broken tower...
...to the South...an open grave...

The stones stood facing upwards to Remus. And though the task seemed simple enough, the voice continued from the corpse.

...my child...there is but...one stipulation...

No sound resonated as a shallow breath escaped the altar.

...you will...witness...
...four acts...
...evils of men...
...one of them...you must...
...take life...and...
...drench...a stone...
...in the fallen's...
...blood...

Decay seemed to create a miasmatic condition within the church. It could almost take shape. The voice continued.

...return here...when you...complete your task...
...I understand...what I ask...is much...for a child...
...but have...faith...
...I will be...with you...

The voice became silent...but the breaths continued to expel from the open holes in the altar.

Those who Hide at the Slaughtered Crain Inn (Continued):

Haunted words and cursed tongues were nothing new to a man who saw demons adorned in the clothes of children. However, it was as Lucien fell forward that he reacted in a nurturing regard. It seemed unnatural for him to help this boy, but in Begriss' mind, he hoped that an act of kindness might soothe the situation. The hour of great evil was not past them yet...for it was dark out...night was upon them...and the sun was nowhere to be found.

...lad...you have a life that is full of pain and strife...but...it is yours...you are alive.
...thank the Mother...for she is with you...guiding you...

Begriss came to the realization that Lucien was unconscious. His hand rested graciously upon Lucien's head as he lended him what might have been admiration. Begriss was still hesitant to the boy, but he whispered regardless.

...upon morning's light...you lad...will find safe passage from this city...you have my word.
...me and this little one will guide you to freedom...wont we pumpkin...-

Begriss' head turned to search the room...but there was something different about it...something unnerving as realization became reality. There was a draft in the hovel...the candle flickered against it...the sound of men pounding their boots upon the steer was louder than before...

...and finally...the room was lacking a little girl...

Begriss' eyes were wide...with...wonder? ...perhaps fear? ...no...his eyes were full of the same feeling he knew many years ago...that look when his wife was torn from his arms.

...T...Tu...Tuli?

The words barely escaped his lips as a glaze came to the brim of his eyes.

TULI!?

He stood up...his hammer in hand as he ran towards an open hatch which escaped the cellar into the streets. Begriss looked back to Lucien...running frantically up to the boy and grabbing him by the collar...lifting him from the bed and raising him to eye level...a few feet off the floor.

...b...boy...where...

...where is...

...Tuli..?

There were tears in his eyes...unwilling to leave as he held them back...

...BOY! WHERE IS TULI!?

The massive man shook Lucien as there was the epitome of expression that was lost and alone. This man was in a state that was steadily finding what his next action would be...but...it was unclear as to what that was...or how he would achieve it.

Begriss searched for either solace...or retribution...in that of Lucien...

(My response to Ryozah is on its way)
Admin
Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:16 pm
dancerinthedusk wrote:"Wake child.......wake.....there is muuuuucccchhhh ffffooorrr you to doooo...." What is that voice? Who is that? Why does it seem so familiar?.....

I felt my body convulse at the hands of Begriss. He was screaming something that my groggy mind could not understand. When my my mind and eyes cleared his face was close to mine screaming "...BOY! WHERE IS TULI!?" Tuli.....I looked around weakly and my eyes went wide when I saw the door open, TULI!!!!! I know not why I had suddenly came to care for the girl but she was someone I did consider a friend or something similar.

"Begriss I am weak but I think I can walk on my own.....we need to find her.....she's on those streets alone and what they did to me...." My voice trailed off remembering those who took my right on the streets and left me in a state left for someone to die. "We need to find her, and possibly escape this monstrous city."

I place a hand on Begriss' hand to signify that I am trustworthy at least this much. "I promise we shall find her....I know you do not trust me....I know you are cautious....but I am grateful and will do as you say to find her."

"Come........come thisssss wayyyy...." A ghostly whisper was beckoning me through the door, a whisper eerie but felt not of evil but of guidance. "quicklllyyyy" I looked to Begriss. "A voice is calling me to beyond the door....I think we should follow."
Admin
Admin

BioCollision wrote:Shock likely befell my face when the corpse revealed a bit more of itself, and spoke further. I watched as fragments of stone escaped the top of the alter. Glancing intently, all I could do was listen to what it had to say, hearing out exactly what this voice wanted me to do. It knew so much about me. It knew my lack of confidence in myself, as I knew it was wrong of me to feel.

My head filled with so many questions to ask as it spoke further. There was so much I had to consider. Was this voice here to help me, was this voice in truth what my mother sought out for me to find? It felt so much like her, an all knowing voice. A voice not like hers, but concerned for my overall growth. There was much for me to sacrifice, but there had to be a reason. A life had to be ended at my hand how could I have such a thing on my conscious? Would I be able to live with something like that, even if it was the evil of man? To end the life of animals for survival was entirely different. It felt so wrong, but a part of me felt this was some sort of trial I had to endure.

Motioning closer, I gripped each of the stone fragments, watching the pierced corpse carefully. As I turned away from the alter, I looked at the fragments in my hands. Was I really ready to commit to something like this? Walking towards the way I entered the church, I pushed the board out of the way to escape. Looking around, I was out of sight from anything, at least for now. I knew one was likely to be a simpler task, as it mentioned something behind the church. Perhaps it was the open grave that the voice proclaimed. One thing for sure, the alarm was still sounded into the streets. The scent of people was much stronger now. My senses were certainly more attuned.

I would follow along the wall of the church, moving towards the back up until I met the corner of the church. I pressed up against the wall, ready to turn to see if I was in the clear.
Admin
Admin

WitheredRose wrote:I had to run, I needed to get away. The man saw me, though he wasn't able to catch me, in fact he didn't even try, instead he began yelling "Thief! Get back here you little brat! HELP? THERE'S A THIEF!"

I had snuck in his house quite easily, the window downstairs wasn't bolted shut, so since it was dark inside, I expected the residents to be sleeping, but I was wrong. He didn't see me right away, I probably took much too long in there, but I was enthralled with the amount of sparkly trinkets that decorated his house, especially for a house in the slums. Once in a while I find one, maybe two objects worth stealing here in the slums of Provollshia, but today, I found way more. A beautiful necklace, I didn't know what it was made out of, but it looked expensive, a case of authentic silverware, paintings, all kinds of stuff.

I must have been too consumed in the necklace, that's why I didn't hear him sooner... but that cold shiver that runs down your spine, yeah it was obvious... someone was watching me. I didn't wait to check if I was right, the floorboards creaked and like a scared mouse, I fled, jumping out of the window and running. He was quite a ways behind me when he opened his door, having to unbolt it before opening it, when he started yelling.

Thankfully the alarms were excruciatingly loud tonight so his screams were drowned out pretty swiftly, and I didn't see any guards around his home. I was always hanging around the slums in abandoned boarded up houses, it was shelter, and that way guards didn't find me after curfew. I knew the slums like the back of my hand, but tonight, I felt like I was lost... probably because instead of paying attention to where I was going, I was watching for guards. My platinum curly blonde hair waved behind me as I ran. One thing I prided myself in, was I could run fast. I had yet to be caught by a guard anyway.

Tonight though, my hair didn't look so much platinum, it was caked in dirt, I hadn't washed it in a while, but I didn't really care. My tan pants were cut off just below the calves, also covered in dirt, along with my black, entirely too large shirt, but it was black so the muck covering it didn't look as bad. My skin was dirtied as well, the soft pale color beneath hidden, though it wasn't a concern of mine. I used to care, when I was around Jessie, the only friend I had ever had. He was the one that taught me how to channel my energy to heal things, and just as I started to improve, he disappeared...

I miss you I thought as I kept running, shaking my head as to clear my thoughts and keep myself from crying like a little sissy girl. I definitely wasn't one of those, I was more than capable of taking care of myself.

I must have been overwhelmed with my thoughts longer than I realized, cause I suddenly realized two guards down the pathway, but thankfully they were facing away. Had I been paying attention, I would have spotted them sooner, but I slid to a stop behind a pile of trash bags full of trash. Gross... this stinks.

"Shh... did you hear that?" One of the guards asked, causing me to go dangerously still.

"Hear what?" The other asked with what seemed like a paranoid tone. I couldn't see their faces, I didn't want to peak around the trash bags and risk getting caught.

"I don't know, it came from over there." The first one said. I didn't plan on waiting around to find out if they really knew where I was, and I was lucky that I was close to another small pathway, so I slowly, silently crawled across the ground and made my way around the corner.

"Maybe it's the one we are supposed to be looking for!" The second exclaimed. As soon as I knew I was out of sight, I stood, and ran as fast as I could. I didn't need to be caught tonight, and thankfully due to the slums being a maze, there were plenty of other pathways I could dart down to keep out of sight, which was exactly what I did. My feet pitter pattered against the ground, but the sound was virtually nothing in comparison to the alarms that blared through Provillshia tonight. It provided me with decent cover.

I don't know how long I was running for, but before I knew it, I ran straight into someone else, hard. I fell back and blinked in confusion as I looked at the girl in front of me. Her golden hair was pretty, and her green eyes almost piercing, and she had to be around the same age as me. "What are you doing out here?! You definitely don't wanna be caught by the guards!" I said with a frown, standing and dusting my pants off like it even mattered, the dirt that caked them barely even budged.
Admin
Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:17 pm
Ryozha and the Hunt in the Shadows:

With hundreds of eyes scouting the rooftops and easily navigating their home, the Schlakin moved from structure to structure as they fanned out from the given location of the green-cloaked boy who had managed to steal away some studded-leather armor.

Those that had not taken to the rooftops with their arbalests had moved in squadrons upon the ground. These units were no less than five Schlakin strong and each member brandished their unorthodox markings that was an embodiment of a symbol of power. With Ryozha at a standstill, the units who fanned out from the death location of a body count now of three Guardians. Each member of the Schlakin knew the price that befell those who failed their mission, Burnt Command made that deathly aware.

With this in mind, the thousands of Guardians patrolling the streets placed their minds in the right frame to catch this asset that caused such a commotion in Provollshia. From their eyes, the brightness of a red sun burnt, the sacred markings of a Schlakin seared skin to reveal an unbounded power that stemmed from the utter sacrifice of pursuing high magic...and instead following the path of the Dark, whether they knew it or not. Burnt Command moved through the streets with a ceaseless bloodlust, for his markings glowed with fire and began to blister his skin. Unlike the average grunt, Burnt Command had made the ultimate sacrifice and was now fully enveloped in the darkest of magic that held no relief. His misery was every-day, but his relief was shedding his skin to satisfy his bloodlust. The skin upon his very body, the clothes placed upon him, all flayed from his muscle to reveal a molten crust that replaced his skin, his eyes became ablaze as the surroundings about him were replaced from the average vision to that of illumination in heat. He saw the warm flesh of those around him, and what attributed to a successful hunter was his frame became that of a massive lycan-esque creature, exhaling his smoldering breathe. With the end of his change, he HOWLED a blistering and coarse tone that overpowered the blaring alarm. Many who tried to sleep now, were awake...and now...the hunt was truly on for the green cloaked, Ryozha.

The remaining guards were never blessed with such power, but they were bestowed the gift of fire. Their hands burst into flame as they lit up the streets with their glow, searching every crevasse as the hiding spots for the boy would steadily dwindle as their use of such magic stole from their sanity and left in its wake the beastly effect of feral humans.

Fleeing the Slaughtered Crain Inn - A Search for Tuli:

It was an unexpected reaction. The blinding red that had been welling up in Begriss' eyes had subsided as the boy, Lucien, spoke his words of hope to a man who surely appeared hopeless. His world was folded on itself, for he stood as a man...but a man without the very heart in his chest. Those tears remained sealed behind his dark eyes, but he showed what gratitude he could. Begriss gripped Lucien's hand heavily as he made an oath in his presence.

Lad, you help me find my little girl, and I will personally get you out of this city.

There was a seriousness from the words he spoke to the gaze about his eyes.

Mark my words, lad. It will be done.

Begriss let Lucien down as it was motioned to leave, although Begriss knew not the forces willing Lucien's mind, he had no one else to follow. His maul was taken in his hands, and ending his confinement to the Slaughtered Crain Inn. Begriss knew not when he would return, nor if this was the last time he would see the Inn ever again. His mind was simply upon the hopeful resolve to hold Tuli in his arms one last time.

Cadie and Tuli's Entwined Fate:

Motions of thoughts were sometimes best left alone as they had yet to be realized. Why had Tuli ran from family and friend? She knew not the answer as of yet, a beckoning told her so. The golden hair on her head glided in the wind, her eyes were troubled with many questions and thoughts that left her speechless. She wanted so much to find peace of mind, but it never came...and had she seen where she ran, maybe she would have noticed the beggar-girl that came dashing out of the maze of alleys that she had traveled at times. The initial strike of the other girl had knocked he sideways abit, but Tuli caught her ground.

Tuli twisted quickly to the direction of the dirty girl, the little light of the street met what little platinum hair showed beneath the dirt that clung to her. It was in those short moments that Tuli met this other individual that she whispered...

I am sorry, dearest. I didn't mean to get in your way.

As she carefully spoke, trying to find more words in her empty state, she whispered.

My name is Tuli, and...and I...

Tuli thought hard about her words and her desperation to make reality a promise that she had given to herself.

...I...do not like it here...

Tuli gazed deeply to the beggar girl, her eyes were empty but serious...for she knew that stating something as serious as this was treasonous to those who were true members of Provollshia. She knew the very utterance of a destain towards this city was punishable by death. But her mind was never confined to herself...and she usually only had Begriss to speak with.

...I...I want to leave this city...but I need...

She whispered to this girl as she approached. Tuli was still in somewhat a ghostly state of mind, but this did not lessen her severity for what she desired...

I need...to see the far gate nearest the Arcane School where a clock will strike seven and a city will see dawn for the first time.

The words echoed from her lips as she looked to the beggar girl.

...please...help me...will you?

Remus and the Trial of Morality:

A butcher was accustomed to blades, hacking the very pieces of his slaughter to nourish those who desired sustenance. However, a butcher of Provollshia was something different...and Remus was soon to understand why there was such a drastic unveiling of your average civilian act to that which would be found at most sane towns. Provollshia...was the center of a nightmare-scape. This night was darker than any night prior...and all the beasts that crept in the dark were leaving the shadows to revel in this unnatural night.

A blade struck stone. The sound of a sharp clang had been cast through a heavy and fleshy substance. Following this sharp sound came the unnerving cracking of what sounded to be bone and meat, the heavy pieces expelled with a thud. A blade struck stone. The vile gurgling sound of liquid expelling a convulsing frame as the air and life left its body spilled over the floor. A blade struck stone. The lifeless frame was dismembered and severed into untidy pieces that were made smaller by a massive abomination of a man, one eye in his head was severed with a blade mark running through as the second eye was large and full of dark seething hate. The expression upon his lips was that of utter delight, the butcher's blade at his fingertips was large and blunt, but it did not matter for he swung it with such force that skin and bone tore away from the effortless strikes he made to the victims that were hogtied and pilled up in the hundreds as they lay upon the floor. Some attempted to slither away...but the mud and grit slowed them down as they had to navigate over bodies of their comrades to leave...and if they made it too far...the beastly creature rose to his feet and severed the limbs that they used to escape, one at a time.

their pieces were cast into a pit that held an uncountable number of dead, for this pit was deep and wide...but none-the-less...it was full and overflowing with the dead. The butcher cast more pieces into the pile...and once the final was cast...he sought the next victim.

In Remus' hand...a single fragment cast a soft glow as words entered his mind.

...to the South...an open grave...you will find...the first evil...of man...will you slay...him...or place...the stone...

The groans and tears of many saturated this soil as the victims hid under one another, hoping to go unnoticed...but everyone had their time.

This large beast turned to the cart and grabbed a squirming body that began to scream and twist in his massive fingers, the more he squirmed...the tighter his grip. Ultimately, his screams became quieter and quieter as his lungs were forced to collapse in the beast's grip.

...is this...evil...worth the blood...
...will you...take action...or will you...
...place cast the stone...in an open grave?

The choice was left for Remus to decide.
Admin
Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:17 pm
dancerinthedusk wrote:As Begriss let me down from his frantic grip I suddenly felt the power "glow" and the voice from moments ago sounded again. "Come.......ffffffoooolllllooooowwww....." It was ghostly voice but it felt comforting almost like a....mother. I grabbed hold of Begriss' hand and guided him out the doorway, towards the outside that he wanted to protect us from. "Thhhiiisssss wayyyy...." There's the voice again. "Cooommmmeeee hhhhuuuuurrryyy...." I looked to the alleyway where small footprints were barely visible on the dirty path. "She's this way...."

The more I followed the voice down the alley's the more the "glow" grew stronger. I started to feel almost transcendent, as if I was being taken over by the power. Then all of a sudden I felt surge in my head, the spinning of the world matched the pulsing images that came with it. "Aghhhh!!!" The pain was like before.

"Chhhhiiiillllddddd coooommmmeeee toooo meeeee....."

"Where?!" I exlcaimed loudly through painful surges that felt like tremors within my skull. My hands clasping both sides of my head in dire hopes of calming the storm.

"Fiiiinnnnddd whhhheeeerrreee mmmmaaaagggiiiccc aaaannnddd tiiimmmeee reeeesssiiidddee siiiddeee by siiidddeeee....whheeerrreee knnooowwwllleeddggee rrreeeiiiggnnsss...."

"Who are you?"

"Yooouuuu ssshhhhaallll knooowww sooonnn ennouuughh..."

With the last phrase said I felt the pulse expel from my body, when I gazed up there was a wisp like orb floating above my head. "What the....?" Before I could get the curse out the wisp flew in a direction down the alley.

"Fooolllooowwww......" The ghostly voice echoed through my head.

I turned to Begriss. "Begriss we must not lose that wisp.....it will lead us to Tuli....I just know it...."
Admin
Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:18 pm
Celestial Seliitoren wrote:[~|~]The crisp sound of glass shattering alarms Ell bring his pursuit to a halt. A horrific scream of a terrified home, the sudden call to arms from the guards, and a moment of a wavering mind is enough to catch Ell in a blind-spot. His heavy exhaling grunting cough masked any attempt to cry out. The hit was solid enough to knock the wind out of him and the hard hitting greeting to the floor dazed his senses long enough so that any counter-measure will fall extremely short. This however did not stop his rage; sitting up with a scowling glare Ell's eyes focus on this new attacker. Ell's right hand still held his sister's blade; with his grip tightening he drew his right arm inward revealing the blade while allowing an opportunity to engage this enemy. It was then a voice echoed from outside forcing Ell to pause momentarily thus realizing just who it is that tackled him. "You're....." his words fell short as he heard the guards moving closer to their location. With fury and determination Ell quickly grabs Sulette's shirt pulling himself up while dragging her with his left arm. Ell forced them into a ruined closet with only one door barely remaining hinged. Ell pressed Sulette in first so she remained hidden best. Letting her go Ell now used his freed left hand to keep the door from swaying open or completely falling off.Due to his dark hooded cloak Ell is able to blend into the shadows of this closet, however he knew that if any of the approaching guards examined their hiding place closely they'd be discovered.

The universe only smiles upon someone briefly, the three guards have arrived an two of them entered. The meeting between Ell and Sulette caused enough ruckus to alert these guys. Even with the distraction Sulette had done prior these guards didn't allow anything to slide. Inch by inch, step-by-step, the tension grew and they would definitely be noticed and a fight to the death would be inevitable. Though Ell didn't mind a fight, he did however hate the fact that he'll be at a major disadvantage as well as the possibility of not being able to have his vengeance. For this he will need to gamble. His left eye glances at a kettle on a forgotten counter top. Ell reaches deep into his desires envisioning that kettles sudden dismemberment into shards that will pierce the enemy guards. The kettle rattles for a second before shooting off the counter to the kitchen floor. This brought the full attention of the guards to turn to their left ready to engage. Ell held his breath and he too prepared himself to strike. Darting from the kitchen in absolute panic came a stray cat. Seeing the guards it shot passed them knocking around a few more loose items before leaping though of an exposed hole in the wall. The universe only smiles upon someone briefly, but when it does it's a godsend. The guards looked at each other and then left. Ell remained hidden until he couldn't hear any of them on the outside. Once the danger passed his sigh of relief is accompanied with releasing Sulette from her cover. Ell exits the closet only to have the door pop off in his hand. Laying it down gently he turns toward his left in order to see Sulette. "Why the hell are you here?"[~|~]
Admin
Admin

Darkwing01 wrote:Raven was surprised when he said he knew the mark on her hand. She stiffened slightly when he had grabbed her wrist, but listened as he said he would lead her to Prosia. He stepped in to the shadows, and seemed to be waiting for her to make her decision." Alright, take me to him, but I'll have you know, that if this is some sort of trap, you will be paying with your blood." She said, walking over to him and waiting for the stranger to walk onwards so she could fallow.
Admin
Admin

BioCollision wrote:Nostrils flared up, something was foul in the air, but was this not what I were to come across. According to the corpse, I was to come across the evils of man. But this, what was before me as I turned the corner, I was not prepared for. My body froze up as I watched what I was so blind to before now. I knew that after this moment, my view of humans alike changed forever. Was the brute that stood before me even human anymore? Is this what evil did to man? No more than killing monsters. I shed my pelt cloaking to the floor as I remained dressed in my tattered clothes the day I left Fousture. An open stone gate separated the church from the butchers work space. I stood before its entrance, my face frozen in horror. I watched as hopeful eyes fixed themselves to me, and the eyes that lost their hope, tattered and broken. I felt it, their pain.

Tears broke as stood there as I felt the pain of the innocent welling up inside. I raised my hands to my head, clinging to my skull as I brushed my fingers through my hair trying to comprehend what I have been so naïve to. My knees buckled a little as I clenched my eyes closed, tears still finding their way to escape. My veins throbbed as they seemingly visibly ran across my skin. I merely looked like a boy, but now, I was much more than that. My confidence did not lay with myself, but my anguish for those who could not protect themselves. Yet, I remained here among the living. Was I meant to relate to them, to avenge them?

Muscles tensed as I drew my hands before my eyes as I opened them, clenched with rage as I wailed out in a painful cry, “NOOOOO!!!” There was no hiding from this. This was the potential evil of man. The corpse had walked me into a trial to open my eyes. Was this the doings of the man I was set out to kill?
Admin
Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:19 pm
Fleeing the Slaughtered Crain Inn - A Search for Tuli (Continued):

Something about the boy...Lucien...it sparked a resemblance to the daughter of Begriss. He saw Tuli in the actions and the sudden will that Lucien expelled from every motion he made. Even as his hand was taken and the boy demanded an audience with the path he chose, Begriss was speechless to how motivated the boy was in finding his daughter. Part of him wanted to find reason to uncover an ulterior motive in this boy's drive, but alas, what motive could he have?

Begriss silently acknowledged the boy's deed by keep pace with him and allowing him to follow these unseen premonitions.

However, as soon as Lucien made public his voice to these unsafe streets, he quickly swung his hand over Lucien's mouth and knelt down as he pulled him towards the shadows of a passing alley. A coarse whisper escaped Begriss' lips as he warned the boy...

Lad...I appreciate all you are doing...but these streets are not safe for your enthusiasm. Let us speak quietly...be smart about how we approach the mystery voice in your head.

Begriss patted Lucien on the head as he stood back up, placing the maul over his shoulder, awaiting the boy to lead him onward.

Caulm and Raven's Plot - Do Gods Die? (Continued)

Pride and fear are almost one in the same when the only route towards survival is death. However, it was apparent that Raven held no remorse towards either of these. What path she travelled upon this day was one beyond the very mechanism that fastened this whole town together. Her role was far greater than Caulm could imagine. And thus...his only task was to ensure that Raven sought the justice that seemed to empower that marking upon her hand...something rather unusual for what it truly meant. Regardless, he spoke no other words about it...and whispered instead...

My dear, I am many things...but my intentions are for our survival. Nothing more or less.

Towards the tower farthest back, Caulm glanced his eyes upon the highest turret that seemed to hold a large balcony overlooking Provollshia. It was there that Caulm's eyes remained.

I do not know how this tale ends for us...but...I have seen great death encroaching upon a night that is the darkest...

The boy presented his hand towards Raven with a subtle smile...unsure if it was full of sorrow or promise...Caulm was unsure.

Regardless...I am going to see this night through to the end with you...and hopefully...tomorrow...the light will bring with it relief from these shackles.

Ell's Unexpected Visitor (Continued):

Must...Rot...Decay...and a hint of sewage seemed to remain stagnant within the very small space that Ell chose as their "great escape". The greatest fear I had was a plan falling apart at the seems. I watched as my distraction failed to be as effective as I hoped. The hard soles of hide and studded boots littered the floor of the broken home. The thing was falling apart in more ways than one...and it appeared this very room was to double as my tomb in a matter of seconds. I wished that even a small breath of fresh air would fill my lungs. The putrid smell I endured was something that possibly killed skidroches. My eyes might look upon the floor for them if they were not fixed upon a number of figures moving through the dark. With wide eyes...I felt my heart pounding up to my neck...trying to leave my body. I let out a slow trembling breath. My eyes shut tightly as soon as I heard a kettle shatter to pieces against the floor...which nearly signaled an end to our existence...but...there must have been something looking over our shoulders...for by some grace of an unseen goddess...the scampering of a cat drew away such hostile intention and left myself and an almost forgotten face in the dark.

This boy was someone I was certain to have seen or not...unsure in my daily wanderings. I did not focus on finding Ell in this city for Remus was my only thought. Promised to be somewhere in this vast maze, I strove to find him for nearly a single season's span. However...this one caught my eye...and I nearly did not act...until that blade was noticeable in the firelight. Only once did I see that weapon and it felt like a lifetime ago. Still...it was in those fleeting moments that I observed this boy in the alley that I was given a decision...and I acted upon it for his own good.

...You know...the proper thing to do when someone SAVES...YOUR...LIFE...is to give a thank you to them.
...in your case...a bath is just as acceptable.

I pushed forward past Ell as I pulled myself from the closet, patting off the feeling of my life flashing before my eyes as my trembling fingers ran over tattered pants.

I hope to Merciful Mother that saving you did not offset my chances of saving Caulm.

These words...like poison...slipped out of my mouth as I felt both a sense of respite and sorrow in their very utterance. Glancing to the boy...I was silent for a moment as I looked him over. Slowly realizing how much more he had been through than I previously noticed. I almost wanted to apologize...but I could not find the words.

Remus and the Trial of Morality (Continued):

Moans of the dying...the painful screams of life being severed from the bodies...and the pounding crunch of heavy metal lacerating the boney meat that is each body stacked upon the floor. An unexpected cry that formed a coherent word was something the large putrid creature did not expect as his empty socket turned fully to reveal the black sphere that resided on the opposite side of his skull. The abomination slowly twisted itself over the accumulating puddle of blood and dirt...sloshing with each pounding step. The creature breathed in slowly...and then exhaled the stench of something worse than death. The decay seemed to be visible from whatever opening allowed this beast to breathe. The squirming body in one hand slowly lifted from the chopping block as the creature raised the person to eye level. Without warning the abomination opened his jaws and slammed a set of crooked fangs over the meaty flesh of the victim, a red liquid began to spray from the flailing body that seemed to be gurgling now instead of screaming. Immediately following the beast biting down onto the flesh...the body was hurled at Remus...spraying a cascade of blood and guts over his general area as the gore splattered all over the walls that were of the same church he came from. And from the beast's mouth...came the low roar of a creature that had never possessed a set of human vocal chords ever.
Admin
Admin

WitheredRose wrote:"Dearest?" I said as she spoke to me. I stood and listened to the girl, which took longer than I wanted as she hesitated before continuing... and then I knew why. She wanted to leave? No one ever left without permission from here. She was a very brave girl, considering she didn't know me and she still was telling me these things.

"You want help? From me?" I didn't quite understand it but I wasn't going to argue. The alarm blaring throughout the city was starting to give me a headache, and truth be told, I had wanted to get out of this city too. I wanted a new chance, maybe to find some friends somewhere, maybe someone that would help me become stronger with my magic. I found my ability weaker than it should be, healing plants, super weak, but it would be useful eventually, maybe. "I don't really understand what you mean by the clock striking seven stuff, but I will help you. But it isn't safe here, there are guards patrolling everywhere, if we get caught... we will be in BIG trouble." I said before stuffing the necklace into my pocket.

Past the sound of blaring alarms, I could hear something... yelling? I didn't really care though, those people were far to close and I didn't plan on sticking around to find out. But luckily, there was yet another pathway in the maze of Provollshia near them. Without hesitation, I grabbed Tuli's hand with a small smile revealing white teeth beneath a dirty mouth "Nice to meet you Tuli, My name is Cadence, or Cadie for short. Now lets go!" I said firmly before taking off down the next alley. We were headed in the direction of the Arcane School, but I wasn't sure if or how we would make it there with the amount of guards that were patrolling the streets... but if they could make it, maybe I would be able to escape with her... maybe I would have a chance.
Admin
Admin

Darkwing01 wrote:Raven took the boys hand, deciding she could trust him."Well spoken." She said. This man kinda reminded her of one of the people in her band of thieves, but she pushed the thought aside quickly. They were dead now, and they had tried to kill her. They didn't matter to her anymore, only the present situation and her need to survive tonight mattered.
Admin
Admin

dancerinthedusk wrote:As Begriss grabbed hold of me and whispered that the streets were not safe for my voice to be audibly heard it broke my focus of following the voice. As I gathered my wits and intelligence I noticed that we were in the streets going through alleys. I looked up to Begriss with an apologetic look to signal I understood. Begriss did something that made me feel very comforted....he patted my head. I stood up and gathered myself and slowly made my way with the voice still ever whispering.

"Thhhiiiissss waaaayyyyy...." The voice beckoned me down a dark alleyway which made towards a backstreet. I looked back to Begriss with a faint smile pointing in the direction of the the voice was coming from. "Coooommmeeee huuurrrryyyy......" I slightly increased my pace hurrying my way towards the backstreet. The backstreet had all sorts of empty buildings and what looked to be stalls....maybe this once used to be a market street. I jumped slightly when a stray cat ran across my path. The cat stopped for a moment and stared at me with eyes of pure silver and ran the other direction.

"Here....." The voice again, it was coming from down the way cat came from. I quietly took Begriss' hand and made the way towards the voice going father into the thick of the slums. For whats seemed like hours I finally reached the voice and the orb disappeared. It brought me to main street one where there was a building several feet away with a different feel to it. I looked to Begriss with a bit of worry on my face. "Begriss this is where we are supposed to be...but what is this place?"
Admin
Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:20 pm
BioCollision wrote:The sounds of motion alerted my attention after I had cried out. I had caught its attention in my anguish. But the creature did not stall in creating a scene more putrid than it already was as it clenched its brutish maw into the hardly living victim of his. My eyes dilated as I felt a more animalistic side of me taking over, the scent of blood filling my nostrils, mixed with that of what I could only comprehend as evil. Muscles tensed up, as the beast threw the body of its victim my way, my body was already acting on its own as it kicked off, dashing almost like a rabid beast towards it. Coming in, low to the ground, my right hand extended back, as though I were winding up a to make a striking swipe with my claws. I felt it, and a part of my sudden awareness of my nature terrified me. Before, when this happened, I never caught a glimpse of it. But this other part of me, I felt what it wanted, what it desired and how it was slowly consuming me. It wanted to end this monstrosity that was before me.

Was this what had happened when the bear at attacked me? Was this the kind of power that had had latent within me? I somehow knew that answer to be both truth and lie. Before, I was not this strong. Something within me made me stronger since the bear attack. But what aided me in overcoming the strength of a bear?! Could this same thing help me overcome this creature as well?
Admin
Admin

Remus and the Trial of Morality (Continued):

Fueled by the lingering death in the air, this beast kept its eye plastered to the boy. A notable coating of carcasses became more and more present as the boy closed the gap on the Butcher in the streets. The floor was glazed in blood and rot, which would not be ideal to fight upon. However, it seemed the fight was unavoidable. The feral boy and the feral beast were motions away now. In the right hand of the Butcher, the massive and dull butcher's blade swung hard into the floor beside him, the sudden screams filled the air as many died in the single motion beside the abomination, the blade then slid across the floor as a sweeping motion which carried with it both the living and the dead. Although the blade was massive, it slid rather quickly over the mud and stone, the living and the dead.

Screams continued to fill the air, blood continued to drip into the massive pit that held so many dead. And adjacent...the burnt down church stood looming over the scene of animalistic nature.

Humanity was nothing more than a mask over the true nature of man. What lay beneath was a simple notion...survive or die.

The gurgling corpses spewing blood in their contorted motions, forced by the Butcher, held very little humanity in them. They all watched helplessly as the boy was faced to a giant that craved nothing but death.

And within the church, the silent happenings of a corpse fastened to an alter would listen as the boy made his choices carefully. Survive...or...die?

Caulm and Raven's Plot - Do Gods Die? (Continued)

Would we survive?

Caulm knew the stakes were high. What was being pursued this night was punishable by a fate worse than death...and deep within, he knew Prosia had the power to make such a punishment a reality. Weaving through the shadows, checking ever so often to make sure Raven was still at my back. Within, I knew she wanted this man dead, perhaps more than Sulette, for it seemed a bloodlust was within her. Caulm glanced to Raven once more, unsure of what drove her, but it seemed this drive would lead them to the end of this night.

That was when they stood at the final alleyway before a long courtyard that was rather open. This courtyard was quite a span between the shadows and the looming doorway standing upon the opposing side.

Within the shadows, Caulm stood silently, and with good reason. Even with the entire city thrown into chaos, there was a wall of at least fifty guards standing between them and the gate.

So...where was this way in?

Standing still for yet another moment, the boy whispered to his companion...

...are you ready?

Lucien and Begriss' Search for Tuli (Continued):

From one street corner to the next, we made our way. Begriss loomed out from the dark as they made careful steps to the point they arrived now. It was a miracle they made it this far without alerting a single guard. At a distance, the sound of what had to have been a hound of sorts was somewhat clear through the blaring noise. It seemed to be a hound based on the deep breathing and heavy growls exploding through the air. The only positive to this discovery was the fact that it was not headed in our direction.

This location was quiet...it was well maintained for just being right outside the slums. Upwards, Begriss gazed his sad and heavy eyes. At first he whispered...

...Tuli?

....Tuli?

His eyes were wide and his frame was brought low as if trying to peer through the shadows. It was at the far end of a open hall that a figment of a small girl with blonde hair seemed to be standing still. Begriss was frozen in his tracks. His eyes seemed to be locked with the distant figure.

...my lad...do you...do you...see her?

With a slightly louder grunt, Begriss spoke.

...Tuli...is that-

And before the words left...the girl seemed to dart off to the side, disappearing behind the building adjacent.

...T...TULI!?

The thundering voice came from Begriss as he took off at an all-out sprint out of the shadows and into the open. Nothing could stop him now as he shot past the adorning sign overhead that read... "The Arcane Ministry of Provollshia"

The Escape? Cadie and Tuli Race to the Arcane Gate

Relief, that was the first thing that befell Tuli as her hand was taken and the two made quick steps towards the maze of street corners. So many turns, so many dead ends. Only the true residents of Provollshia could navigate such a dangerous time in the City. This dirtied girl was easily marked as a true survivor of Provollshia, and she obviously knew the way. Tuli held fast to her hand as she was pulled down the roads, keeping up as best her feet would carry her. Wonder was in her eyes, and it was not the kind that kept you alive for long. Tuli whispered...

Cadie, why are we running?

She spoke as she was dragged along, never having run from anything without Begriss before. She was not used to being alone this long. Regardless, she was grateful to have someone with her.

She watched streets come and go, seeing the large and enchanting walls of the Arcane Ministry at the distance. A massive clock at the very top read the hour of 4 O'Clock at the highest point. No bells would be heard to chime in the blaring alarm that seemed to have gone on for hours now. Tuli wondered if they would ever stop.

As they were passing the corner of an alley, from the dark of the trash piled to the side sprung a violent motion of snapping teeth and vicious snarls. A rather mangled hound shot out at the two girls and knocked Tuli over, causing her and the rabid dog to roll over each other. From the dark there was much thrashing. Tuli's fists swung at the beast as dark liquids began to show.

Suddenly...Tuli was screaming.
Admin
Admin

dancerinthedusk wrote:Begriss took off like a shot of lightning toward the hall. I had seen a blonde blur run into the hall but I couldn't be sure it was Tuli. As he was running he was screaming Tuli's name louder and louder. Worry washed over my with the fact that he was giving our position away, and the fact what if this wasn't Tuli but an illusion. Nevertheless this man saved me and I have duty to help him in return. I came to my senses when Begriss was but feet away from the hall and shot after him.

I was hastening towards Begriss in hopes to quiet him and bring him back to his senses. All of a sudden the voice began to speak. "Cauuutiiioonn...littttllleee onnnneee....heeeerrrreee yooouuu'llll fiiinnnndd thhheee annssswwweerrs buuut heerrree daaangggeeerrr luuurrrkkksss...." As the warning was said the voice became quiet. The omen was unnerving and my life on the streets told me to hide....but I owe this man my life. I could not abandon him. Not like the rest of world abandoned me.

The past is one to learn from.....its also a scar that cannot be seen. Too many times I have been promised to be cared for or treated right and many times I have been either used sexually or mentally and thrown to the wolves. One memory still sits on the threads of my sanity. A young man from the upper city had taken a fancy of me and many times he had come to seek my person. I had never been with anyone nor has anyone ever shown interest in me. So a lover was far from my mind. Then one day he had taken me to the palace in promises of dinner and a party. I have never been to a party...let alone of the more finer quality. He kissed and pronounced my beauty and the "love" he felt for me. As we entered the grounds there was a building, simple but slightly elegant. I questioned him about the location being the one and he simply said yes and his smile turned to one that was....frightening. I asked him to bring me back and he said nothing. Then we stopped and at that moment the door flung open and several men grabbed me. Gagged me. Then along with the young man, they proceed to take me in the worst of ways: against my will. I do not know how long they used and forced themselves upon me. I had not been conscious for most of it, the pain was too much to bear. When I woke I was in the alleys of the slum...naked and torn and bloodied. I had learn to trust no one from that point and learned from then to use what I had to to get by. Since I was already sullied I deemed it fitting to use my body though I find now that I hate it.

The memory made tears come from eyes and because of that I snapped out of my daze as I was running towards Begriss. As I passed the edge of the street I felt a hand grab my arm. "You what are you doing here?" A guard had grabbed me and would not release my arm. "Answer me you urchin." He yelled. His sword was then drawn and put to my neck. "Please don't hurt me?" I said. Fear starting to envelop me as well as the power within started to stir. "THEN ANSWER ME!" He screamed louder. "Please stop your hurting me!" I exclaimed. His grip fastened harder around my arm as if break it in half. I saw he was enraged and my pleas did not reach his ears. I saw him lift his sword and the power in me surged. "Stop!!!!" I screamed and i brought my other hand to his stomach to push him away. I awaited for the inevitable for the sword to strike me down but I felt his hand let me go and felt something in my hand that was on his stomach. I opened my eyes and there he was lying on the ground as if he had been drained of color. His skin was pale and his eyes were....lifeless. Then I looked to my palm and there was a pretty orb. "What in the...." Where did this thing come from? What is it? As I peered through the orb I felt the power surge through my head. Visions of a family and memories flooded my mind all of them different but one thing in common...the guard.

I fell to my knees and let the tears fall. "What did I do?" The orb flashed and in wisps of light it ascended through the air and was gone. I could not stay here. I need to reach Begriss. I needed to run. I have only taken a life one other time and it was to protect my self from a man trying to take me. I shoved him off me and he landed his head on an edge of a crate and died from the impact. I turned blindly towards where Begriss was head and started my run. My run from the man I killed and my run towards my savior.
Admin
Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:21 pm
WitheredRose wrote:Cadie continued running though she slowed a bit seeing as Tuli seemed to be having a difficult time keeping up. Is it just my imagination, or does this girl really not understand the urgency and danger of this situation? She thought, though her inner question was soon answered by the girl as she asked why they were running. Confident that no guards were around them right now, Cadence slowed to a walk, breathing heavily as she turned to look at Tuli. "Right now, there are a lot of guards around because of something that's going on within Provollshia, I personally don't really know what is going on, I was busy... with other things. But if we get caught, we will be in BIG trouble. I'll get sent to some lock down orphanage, and you... I am guessing they would do the same." She said quietly, well... as quietly as she could while still being heard over the blaring alarms.

She sped up a bit, though she wasn't running as fast as she was before, more like a jog, before Tuli's hand was suddenly pulled from hers, and she swung around to see the dog and Tuli tumbling to the ground. Cadie's eyes grew wide, she wasn't real big or strong, what was she supposed to do? Her gaze shot to the trash, and she quickly grabbed a decent sized piece of wood. As soon as Tuli released her scream, Cadie swung the wood as hard as she could, the end of it smashing into the dogs torso causing it to roll of Tuli with a yelp. Though the dog got to its feet fast, and stood staring at the two girls. Without hesitation, Cadence bent down, grabbed Tuli's hand hard, and pulled her to her feet before running in the opposite direction, her hand clutched tightly around the wood she held.

"Run as fast as you can Tuli!" She said as she ran, not willing to look back at the dog that most likely was chasing them. She wasn't paying attention ahead of her really... though she was limited, they would end up further away from their destination if they kept running in this direction, but the sound of the animals nails scraping the pavement behind them, as it continued its pursuit, kept her running. Please don't let there be any guards ahead. She thought as they ran along... if they ran into the guards, they would really be screwed.
Admin
Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:21 pm
Darkwing01 wrote:Raven fallowed the man silently, her desire for blood needing to be fufiled. When the bit stopped she looked and saw all the gaurds. She didn't know what it was about, but she didn't care." I'm ready for anything." She whispered back, her eyes still trained on the 50 gaurds.
Admin
Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:22 pm
Celestial Seliitoren wrote:[~|~]"Yes well, Thank you..." Ell's words shuffle with confusion and embarrassment. Ell returns his sisters blade to his hip before turning back to Sulette. Silence befell Ell for he had not anticipated ever seeing this red-headed boyish female again. He shifts about before returning to his previous question, "So, why are you here? I mean - well. Last time I saw you was back in the town of firsts." The awkwardness of Ell is evident; he had spent the last month in isolation with the sole hungering drive to murder his attacker as well as gather whatever information he could about the whereabouts of his missing sister. His interactions with others hasn't been good and thus fellowship with others has become quite difficult.[~|~]
Admin
Admin

Ell's Unexpected Visitor (Continued):

Anguish is as difficult to relieve as the loss of a loved one. My eyes were tired and my mind was still spinning even after the event that transpired. I was not going to pretend as though I had not witnessed this boy attempt to take the life of the men just beyond the corner. However, I still had no clear idea why...

After a slightly more attentive look-over of the slum-ridden-boy, perhaps I had more insight to his predicament than I gave myself credit. My gaze fell away from him as I slowly paced towards the shadows near the broken door. Peering out into the streets of dancing torches and the distant shouts and alarms, it was almost peaceful being in a more distant place that was not directly next to all the noise.

I spoke quietly to Ell, but I had not the desire to face him as I spoke my pathetic and reminiscent promise that was spoken to me two months prior.

...I...I am still...looking for Remus-
My friend...the one from the town you call firsts.

Glancing over to the boy now as I slowly clasped my still recovering arm.

...but...it's been very long...very...very long.
So...I am trying to save those I know are still alive.

Although the shadows kept the secrets of those within them, it was very apparent that tears were slowly streaming down my face.

...you...just happened to be one of them...

My hand brushed over the clear lines leading from my eyes, rubbing away the sobs.

And now I don't know if Caulm is even alive...but he was alive this morning...so he has to be.
And-...

I stared at Ell even more intently now as I slowly walked over to him.

-...I technically saved your life...so...you owe me...right?

The response almost seemed laughable, but my character was as serious as the burning fires that scorched those found roaming the streets on this night. Ell may not have wanted to be saved, but I needed help getting Caulm back...wherever he was...and I was beginning to have a subtle idea to where he might be...

Lucien and Begriss' Search for Tuli (Continued):

Those with half a mind might take the simple task of reclaiming a companion to come with ease, however, Begriss seemed to have the demons about him. There was a fleeting disregard for the personal wellbeing of their group. Lucien chased out of personal debt to his savior, even though the safety of numbers had dwindled against the possible illusions that Begriss chased.

It was not just the noise that could have been unnerving, for Begriss had been screaming his little girl's name for what felt like ages now, and the air about them remained in a placid state of silence. The air was thick and dark. The grounds were maintained with utmost care. These halls had lead them from one wing to the next, but everything around them seemed to reveal more and more nothing. The pale and golden hair girl was always just beyond Begriss' reach, and even when he came to a stop for but a moment, it was never long enough to reach his mental state which was obviously stranded on some marooned and distant shore.

TULI!!!

The cries escaped the manic and massive man who was sweating head to toe. His shirt soaked through with the burning liquid pumping from his veins. What felt like an unending game suddenly came to a violent standstill as Begriss suddenly came to a complete stop in front of a massive wall in the middle of a garden. But...where did this garden arrive from? The two had been running for a long while through corridors and mazes of halls. This garden seemed to appear as if breaking through a dream...or nightmare...it held all forms of floral life and scents twice as divine. However, Begriss was not focused on these happenings, in fact it was a wonder if he knew Lucien was there anymore as he stared at the wall...but more specifically...a doorway that was shut tight before them. He stood for a moment before speaking...

...Tuli...I hear you in there...and...I am coming to save you...

Caulm and Raven's Plot - Do Gods Die? (Continued):

Within a moment, there is a spark that signals a very violent and utterly vicious end, almost like the relaying of images and memories witnessed in a flash before you die. I stared silently upon the seething girl with an almost overwhelming desire for the blood within each of those guards. Silently, I let her desire grow, not intending to face off against fifty guards. For the muffled screeching of an iron sewer grate was hardly audible over the blaring alarm.

My hand gently tugged on the girl with bloodlust, hoping that she would not turn on me before the moment that was most important arrived. Although the sewer was not the most ideal entrance to a castle, it was the safest for right now. No human in their right mind would wade through the decay that had been accumulating within the underbelly of the city for over two months now.

I leapt to the dark and murky floors which sloshed in the most unnerving of ways, the liquids and smells bellow were far worse than any sewage or corpse filled room could muster. Even maggots would avoid the stench brought about below this terrible passage. Almost fearing the worse, I slowly slid a Flicker-Ingot over the wall which burst into flames as it met a damp torch. Luckily, the cloth took to the flame...as some of these fluids down here seemed to encourage the flame. I waited a moment for my companion...hoping she did not allow her bloodlust lead her astray.

The Escape? Cadie and Tuli Race to the Arcane Gate (Continued):

It was not just the shaken nerves that delivered the response in Tuli, but the very acts of Cadie's determination that caused such a fleeting motion. Tuli ran with all her might as she was pulled from the floor to her feet. The harsh poundings of stone and dirt battered her bare unprotected soles. Although unaware of the gravity about her situation, she was never one to accept cruelty to her or those close to her. So she held on tightly to Cadie's hand. Hearing the vicious snarling of a dog behind her. It was rabid, it was mistreated, but it was also a lost cause. Fueled by some unknown abuse or rage, it only desired their suffering. One might think the beast would stop after a few good swings on the beast's mid-section. Yet, it still continued forward, without stop or cause to do so.

Tuli had tears at the brim of her eyes, but she was not going to let them spill. Part of her feared how they made her feel, but even moreso, she knew Begriss did not want her to cry. So she just kept running, even as they were passing another cross-street. The monotonous carnival of burning light all about them. Were they guards closing in? It was hard to tell. However, there was one object that moved with them a few street corners down. The object itself was massive, about as big as a well-fed horse, but even taller as it made stride on both hands and feet in a doglike motion. Its skin was cracking with molten fire protruding its veins. Its eyes held the hellish horrors of both nightmares and blistering fire. The body of a man-made beast. There was a massive Lycan-esque creature that was pursuing them from a few streets across. The burning eyes were fixated upon Cadie, but they melted the soul of Tuli as she shuddered to scream.

CADIE!
Admin
Admin

BioCollision wrote:It was like watching through the prospective of someone else entirely. All I could do was watch as my body acted on its own. This more violent side of me just seemed to take over as all feeling in my body escaped me. What remained, rage and fear. What I saw in myself, what I saw in this beastly butcher of a man, scared me. Was this what I really was, nothing more than some violent monster?

In my minds eyes, I cringed wishing I could close my eyes as I saw the impending swipe of the massive cleaver interrupting my body’s path. My body braced itself for impact, leaning my shoulder into the brunt of the blow. No ground would be made with the mud and blood plastered below my feet. My feet slid across the ground with no hindrance to the force of the swing. I mean, how could I have with no footing. But my body wasn’t going to stop there.

Quickly, I seemed to maneuver my way up and over the cleaver with the beast still in mid swing. My body made short work of recovering back on his feet, the softer mud and flesh swept away from below his feet providing just a good enough kick off to get just under the hulkish butcher, reaching out to violently swipe at the chest. It seemed making him bleed was want the animal in me wanted.
Admin
Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:23 pm
Darkwing01 wrote:Raven sighed, debating at to kill the gaurds or not. Finally, she slipped into the sewer and grimaced." God this place reeks." She said softly, trying not to gag
Admin
Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:23 pm
Celestial Seliitoren wrote:[~|~]Sorrow and the pain of loss, Ell understood all too well exactly how Sulette is currently feeling. Her words gave way to images of his twin sister Lill. Her absence summoned the horrors of ill treatment and suffering. Plagued by the haunting words of the man he slew two months prior; Lill being sold off allowed the rage to set in once more. Ell's fist tighten as grim thoughts of her situation dance in his mind. This moment of fury was brought to a sudden halt hearing Sulette's next set of words. "Wait! Wha?" Ell's left eye opened wide allowing the lighting in this place to reflect a rather beautiful hue of emerald green. His jaw slowly dropped open as Ell took a shaky step back almost losing his balance and falling. "Come again? How do I owe you? I saved you back in The Town of Firsts. Doesn't that make us even?" It wasn't that Ell didn't want to help Sulette, it was just the sudden question and how intense she became while asking. Not really waiting for a reply Ell would cut her off with yet another question, "What exactly do you need?"[~|~]
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum