View previous topicGo downView next topic
Admin
Admin
View user profilehttp://fusionplayrp.forumotion.com

Blood Well: Origins - The Unmarked Day (Arc I)

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:42 pm
This story is a continuation from the prior Blood Well Origins starter. If you would like a recap to better understand the current situation of the story, please visit this forum post first (Link to Recap). Thank you for your involvement and I cannot wait to meet your character of Origins!

A sickly sweet scent of pollen, dew, and burnt embers filled the air. The forest was clouded by a consistent ash that fell overhead, almost like snow. Those white flakes, warm with destruction, carried with them a violent image of a hometown caught in flames. The echoes of screams and the murmurs of spirits leaving bodies were still ringing in my ears. The last sound coming from Fousture was at least several miles ago, and it must have been an hour since then.

The squishing of hooves to mud became more notable and the heavy sway of the thoroughbred beneath me trotted at a much slower jog than before.

(HELP US!!! SCHLAKIN!!!)

My eyes shot open from the daze that lingered about me. The trees of the forest were swaying back and forth. Much like the bodies upon the dirt as I fled for my life. There were many faces I passed in my haste to leave Fousture, all blurs...all but one. Remus was there...I saw him...he was next to the old well at the center...he had to have been.

My eyes shut tightly as knots twisted in my throat. The sudden and uncontrollable sobs left my body in violent twitches from my hand and a constant shortness of breath.

REMUS!!!

My voice SCREAMED out into the emptiness of the forest...the reigns of the horse thrashed against my leg without my hands upon them. I wiped my hand over the liquid that blurred my eyes and looked down to my leg, half expecting to see someone there...but there was not.

I took hold of the reigns and pulled harshly until the horse came to a stop. The beast was fully around towards the prints that were left for miles back. I lost count of time from when I escaped Fousture. Had it been hours since the screams began? Had the finally stopped? This sickening feeling brought more images of burning flesh and death to the point that the bile in my stomach came up and fell onto the ground. I breathed out a heavy cough while I waited in my overly active state.

So much had happened and I could not bring myself to focus on one thing.

What should I do? Where should I go?

The questions were there...but all I could think about was Remus.

He was there...I saw 'im...I wanted to get 'im...but...I...

Dark shapes moved about where I thought I saw him in the town, but I could not bring myself to see what happened to the closest person I could call family...

WHY DID WE HAVE TO STAY!?

I SHOUTED once more with fire in my lungs. The horse stirred to my voice and I had to pull harshly on the reigns to settle the jitters in the beast.

The forest continued to let the ashes fall from the leaves and the branches...creating a thin layer of death upon the ground. I gazed upon it until this moment consumed a lifetime and permanently cast a scar over the life I was living.

...Remus can't be dead. He's too fockin' stubborn.

I kicked the horse into a gallop, its tired legs were forced to push beyond what they desired to, and I began retracing the path I barely noticed taking. There was heat resonating of my breath, in the same fashion the horse beneath me was producing. I continued back a mile or so before seeing what might have been a wagon past the falling ash. I leant forward as if to make sure my mind was not bringing memories to my clouded mind. But sure enough...it was there. I approached with a silence...fearing to find more corpses littering the cargo.
Admin
Admin

Re: Blood Well: Origins - The Unmarked Day (Arc I)

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:43 pm
Necrotic Incomniac wrote:The Bunny, such an odd name to give oneself or be called. All in all what choice did one who could shift into a bunny have for an alias? A name like Hrodrick was just way to noticeable. So what did this entail for the male covered in rather ragged clothing altered with thin vines and patched with some bark and the like. It was a means of protection for in the human form. Such a rag tag get up of clothe and plants. The vegetarian normally kept to himself in the wilds but something this day caught his ear.

Form shifts and alters and shrinks. The male who only stood at five foot five inches in height went down to the size of a small rabbit. The hare took to a light sprint after the sounds of battle were done. The speed in this form much more impressive than the other he had at his option. Though what would he do? He didn't know but he thought at least he could help someone or something, possibly just the plants, maybe perhaps let the land be fertile for such, though it was unlikely. In all his training he barely could get a rose to bloom for him or even repair a broken one with his essence. How would he do any worth while thing with that? Training he thought to himself.

This determination for helping those who live still might be his undoing, but the male wouldn't delay himself on such notes. The male appeared in the town quickly. Tiny red orbs dart about the ground and along things the little one could run up and down. The form would serve him in this recon and the hare went all around until he found some people who were trapped in their home. The young male changed back. A sight to behold for sure, a naked teenager appearing seemingly out of the blue.

"Oh I hope no one saw me change."

If they did oh well perhaps his good deeds could persuade them to keep his ability to shift a secret. The male would quickly find the problem and begin to work towards fixing it. The young and rather frail looking male looked rather scrawny, but more wiry, a hidden strength was in those thin arms and legs. Digits grasped hold of a piece of wood that he could wedge in the open spot that the jam left open more than usual and popped it off the rest of the way. The family was happy and then confused when they saw the young male who simply took off. Light brown locks of hair flowed down his back and certainly didn't cover much, but it would have to do.

The male went on to keep helping those whom he could and found little else to help. The sight of a woman by a caravan was his next stop. The woman was seemingly terrified to find out what was in the wagon, the male didn't bother her. He would shift back while he still was out of the sight of others and darts about to find more things to assist with, if she would break down into tears he would try to approach in the bunny form unless he felt a bad vibe. Then to a human form he would go in a more secure spot.
Admin
Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:44 pm
Celestial Seliitoren wrote:[~|~]To understand one must dwell; dwell upon a thought--an ideal. However at this moment all is chaos. Ell finds himself laying upon the cold moist ground. A harsh ring echos through his head muffling all other worldly sounds. The chill wetness of the muddy soil actually cools the burning sensation that fills his body. He has no concept of self or reality until a voice breaks through the ringing causing all of reality to come crashing back into him.

With a sudden gasp of breath Ell's lungs fill with air. A bitter taste fills his mouth as fire shoots down his throat. From this came violent coughing fits as well as pain swelling through his entire being. Accompanied with each cough a groaning moan. Each jolt of his body registers a new pain. Just how long has he been there? Tittering a the edge of death. In his weakened state the male forces himself to roll over from his back to his left side. His vision fades a bit until finally locating the voice that had awaken him. It was the red-headed lass from earlier. It took Ell a few seconds to recognize her and that's when the fear truly took hold of him.

"Lill... Lill? LILL!!"

Lill, Ell's twin sister was nowhere to be seen. In a panic Ell props upright, his body cries out and stiffens slightly from the sudden motion. But even with his body fighting against him, Ell's will dominated and fought through the suffering. He was slow rising to his feet. He actually fell over the first attempt still calling out for his sister. Heavy breaths escaped him finally standing. Ell attempts to step forward only to have his knees give out on him, returning him to the mud once more. On all fours he cursed his current situation and in this dire moment he cries out once more.

"LILL!!!"[~|~]
Admin
Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:44 pm
Forceful gallop of twelve hooves clapped with disarray against the cold mud. At the forefront of the three horses, I lead the desperate charge. An almost emptiness filled each breath I took. However, the hope in my eyes kept me firm with the direction of the three horses. I galloped the beasts until their motions were as mechanical as day and night. The thoroughbred at the front commanded the two at the rear to keep their stride. The cloud that hovered upon my mind blinded the actual sight that I had to the point that I could not see what was in the distance...at best...I could possibly see what was a few yards out...

A boy covered in mud...clinging to the earth was directly in my line of path. It took me a but a moment to register as I cried out,

'STROPHEA! STRO!!!'

The horses slammed hooves into the floor sending me over the right front of the horse. Slipping off the tired beast, I landed in the mud with my left arm forward, slamming into the floor with a notable thud. The surprise of it all was notable mostly on the horses faces. I slowly lifted my head as the blur in my eyes caught sight of the boy only a few feet away.

I felt a sharp pain in my left forearm...and immediately began to tear up as I could no longer tell what pain this was. It was probably broken...but my mind was in distress...so I just began to sob into the mud.
Admin
Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:46 pm
Celestial Seliitoren wrote:[~|~]Thud -- Ell's mourning ceased with the sudden arrival of the lass. Her disembark was far from graceful and the impact confirmed it so. Ell hears the chilling snap causing an eye to twitch. He arises once more to aid the lass. Each pain filled step almost brings him to his knees. Persevere through it all, Ell collapse next to the red-head panting furiously. It takes him a moment before he's able to actually speak.

"L-Let me see......your arm."

Though asking, Ell didn't wait for a reply. He has already taken the girls arm into his hand. The amount of agony this girl must be in probably matches his own. Ell feels the break in the left forearm. Pulling at the sleeve of his outer attire, he tore two stands in order to wrap and tie at her arm. The only item Ell had on him hard enough to use as a splint is one of the short blades he uses to defend himself and his sister. Knowing this would help Ell informed the red-head to brace herself. Tying the cold blade tightly around the forearm, the handle would rest closer to the elbow.

"There...........that should....keep it...in place.......Now eat this."

Reaching for a small sack tied to his hip, Ell removed from it two small leaf wrapped pills. Giving one to the girl Ell ate the other for himself. A type of medicine, the leaf is one for hallucinations stimulus to numb the body of pain. The inner is a mixture of herbs grounded up into a powdery base. The whole thing is dipped in honey so it's easier to swallow for children.

Taking another moment to recover some stamina before rising again to his feet, Ell recognized one of the horses the res-head was riding with. It belonged to his sister Lill which ignited energy from within to once more stand and walk towards the horse.

"This is my sisters horse. I-I have to find her. She cannot be far."

Taking the reigns of his sisters horse, Ell's eyes meet with the red-head as he waits to see what she'll do next.[~|~]
Admin
Admin

Currently at the town of Fousture

Fousture was there...in damp, smoldering wreckage. What was once been a town had become a graveyard full of ashes and twisted metal. The bodies of its residents lay scattered among collapsed buildings...while the pieces of others were scattered in the open areas where men, women, and children ran for their lives. Unfortunately...the story was over for them...their day had come and ended before nightfall. Billowing clouds rose from the larger structures to suffocate the sky. A man riddled with numerous arrows was propped up against a door that once lead to an inn; his bag of coin scattered against the floor. His face was no longer recognizable as the flames blistered his skin and charred it to the the bone. This day marked one of the few calendared events to which would be remembered as they day magic died. (Unfortunately, no one would bat an eye to it...for this day was forgotten as quickly as the town).

Through the street...the flames and smoke were dominant...very few could hear anything or see through this chaotic scape. However...a single child with a head of white pranced around...skipping even. The expression of his face was somewhere between a terrified grimace and the brink of total hysteria. If one were to stare long enough...they would say that this boy had completely cracked. Was he within the inn when all evils entered the town? Had he lived here all his life? Faces were bland in Fousture and easy to forget...but this boy was very notable now. He skipped up and down what used to be the main road that split the town in half, circling at the end well and returning to the blazing front of the inn. The boy collected a single silver piece every now and then from the foot of the hanging man at the door.

A voice that shuttered after quick breaths came from the child...no more than eight.

Silver, silver...shine in light.
Forged in fire...blood...and plight.
Your master grovels as you gleam.
You claim the lives of the weak.

Your work is done...
The town is dead...
May your servants consume the dead...
Birthed in waters and glacier snow...

The Moklin myth said it be so...
Admin
Admin

BioCollision wrote:I could still remember the taste of the mud in my mouth when I woke up, the throbbing pain that filled my head as I regained consciousness. There was something about waking up after being hit over the head, falling unconscious. Something that just seemed to make the rest of the body follow suit with pain. My muscles ached and I felt like I just simply couldn’t move, as I partially drowned in the mud I had bene face flat into. How I managed to even remain alive in a forced sleep, I couldn’t even begin to wonder how. Perhaps it was simply, I wasn’t meant to go out that way. Some unseen force needed me for something else entirely.

I remember it took me a while to simply muster the strength to turn over on my back. Not that it mattered with my blurred vision. I felt embarrassed, not that it should have been any different for some orphaned beggar boy. Completely covered in mud, I felt even filthier than I normally did. Living as a beggar boy in this town, bathing was something not often seen, if at all.

What made the throbbing headache far worse was the lull. That lull that just repeated in my head, even now I feel like it’s just burned into my memory. That morbid song of a child, unaware of the things he spoke. Or at least, so I thought. But this kid, someone I never saw before, pranced around this charred body. The one pinned to what remained of the Inn. I had an idea of who it was, but at the time, I didn’t want to think about it. This child I cast my eyes upon, with hair as white as cotton. How could it be that such a thing could remain so clean? There was no way this child was form here.

I think this was when I had the readiness to pull myself up, staring at the kid as I lay in a pool of loose mud. I was unsure of what to look at first, the child or the destruction of my own home. Holding myself up with the palms of my hands planted into the sinking mud, I grumbled with both drowsiness and dehydration, “What happened here?”
Admin
Admin

Within the town of Fousture:

It was upon the sudden utterance of words that the white haired boy stopped in his tracks. The bounce of his final leap gave him the subtle appearance of jitteriness. This white haired boy turned to meet the mud covered person laying near all this wreckage. The unknown male was barely visible in the drifting smoke...but this boy seemed to be looking at him dead in the eye. A response came in the form of deeper and deeper breaths. An almost surprise flooded his face but soon turned to terror as the boy reached into the dirt...pulling out a broken blade that had no hilt. His hands dug into the metal as he shouted:

Y-YOU AREN'T TAKING MY COIN!

The white haired boy began swinging blindly through the air...yes...this boy closed his eyes as he swung left and right...stepping forward towards the unknown boy. Each step was more blind then the next...causing him to shift direction every step. It was likely he would start walking in the wrong direction.

Blood dripped off the white-haired boy's hands. He did not even notice the wiry-looking male that was roaming the town...especially now. The boy began crying as he moved towards burning wreckage...unlikely noticing his faults and change in direction.

Some miles outside of Fousture (Sulette):

The process following the broken forearm was a time spent in complete disillusion. I lay there as the boy I had heart enough to not run over was the very cause of this blaring pain surging from my arm. The boy was mechanical...grabbing this and that from every which way. I stared forward...in some form of state that felt barely alive.

...what would Remus do..?

The question fell out of my lips in a ghastly whisper. Barely audible. Almost meant for the dead.

The cold steel pressed to my skin and caused a wince of pain as it was tightened to the arm. I looked at the boy...half expecting an apology...instead...receiving a mouthful of honey and herbs that were unknown to me. What did he just poison me with? Who the hell does he think he is?

By the time I was looking directly at him, the boy was already racing towards one of 'MY' horses. I felt my eyes shoot open as words in my numbing mouth began to drag and stutter.

My legs still worked and I forced myself up as I began to sputter words...

No...NO...NONONO!!!

I was pushing off the earth, the cold hard object in my only usable hand was torn from the mud.

GET OFF REMUS' HORSE!

I threw a rock at the boy...lashing out with complete hatred in every visible extremity. The rock was thrown from my bad throwing arm...as the other was now broken.

Tears were streaming down my face...but I was now contorted towards the earth...standing and slouching...beginning to feel the numbing agent...but still fighting for Remus' life. It took a second...but regret soon flooded my body as I slowly looked up to see the boy I just attacked. I just stood there...unsure of what I did.
Admin
Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:47 pm
Necrotic Insomniac wrote:The nude male saw the white haired boy swinging wildly and stepping forward. The boy seemed to be targeting another male, but veered off course and the youth in the nude saw the pathway of the boy. Such was just not a good thing to allow. The Bunny walked up to the white haired boy and allowed a strike to land upon the log like stick in his hands. Quick like his name would suggest he snatched the boys hand with the broken blade and in a very demanding voice. "DROP IT!"

This action was followed up with a stern look to make the boy fear him like more of a parental or even older sibling. That or a bully, either one worked for Hrodrick but this was mostly due to the boy would have walked toward his own demise. This would have been the unacceptable answer. This might have certainly been an odd sight to see since the wiry male was nude and certainly looked starved but had enough strength to secure a hold when the chance presented itself. Surely an iron grip from having climbed and dug and all the sorts one would need to do in order to survive. Now if the boy listened was the key here. He didn't want to harm the boy but he thought about it if he didn't comply, purely for the boys well being and so he didn't hurt himself further.
Admin
Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:47 pm
BioCollision wrote:I had sworn by that point that I was dead. There was nothing more for me to after this point as the young boy frantically swung the broken blade my way. I could still feel the frail swish of death faintly brushing a small gust of wind upon my cheek. I couldn’t imagine what would come next as I coward in this pit of mud that I accepted would be my poorly set grave.

As much as it was believed of my demise, fate had it set for me to remain full of life and unharmed as the child blindly assaulted by me, moving elsewhere. I did not so much as second guess this opportunity. Instead, I stood before me feet and allowed my fight or flight to take the reins.

The next thing I could remember, I was by the smoldered gateway that I was intended to meet Sulette at. Something had guided me to these forsaken parts of the crumbled town. Still cloaked in filth, I regained control of my conscious decision. I had to find my childhood friend, the only person who could possibly understand me. Everything was in chaos. Everything I once knew was gone. I no longer had a home to go to. I had to follow the plan of Sulette without her guided hand to bring me down this path. I had to think like her, I had to imagine what she would have done.

“There is no way she died in this. If I survived, then so did she.”
Admin
Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:48 pm
Celestial Seliitoren wrote:[~|~]Broken words were drown out by his desire to finding his twin sibling. It wasn't until he was greeted by a rock to his left shoulder that Ell halted in his actions. A frown appeared as well as tightening of his fist; Ell just aided this red-headed girl and she in turn attacks him. "Normally people thank those that have helped them. You however wish to attack me?" Ell mounts the horse only glaring at the girl continuing, "There has been enough bloodshed this day. Let us not add to it." With that being said Ell rides off further into town to locate his sister. While riding he began calling out her name.[~|~]
Admin
Admin

Within the town of Fousture:

Wild and uncontrolled slashes of the blade's edge lashed past Remus. The white haired boy was inexperienced in any form of use with this weapon. He did not even notice Remus' departure from the mud...nor did he even notice the wooden framework that he swung into. The metal punctured his skin, the blade escaped his hand and produced a sudden SCREAM from the white-haired boy as red lines of liquid fell from his hand and arm. The SCREAMS continued even as his arm was taken in the newcomer's grip. This shapeshifting male's demanding tone seemed to fall on deaf ears as the boy held his wounded hand tightly. The smoke filling the area in a dismal scene.

The inn finally collapsed as Remus took his stand at the final spoken meeting point that he and Sulette had agreed to start their journey. This area was filled with a deathly stench as corpses littered the exit. The gate was ablaze as its structure was nearly entirely eaten by the flames.

Behind Remus, the SCREAMS of the white-haired boy echoed among the sound of burning memories and a collapsing home.

Some miles outside Fousture (Sulette):

"There has been enough bloodshed this day. Let us not add to it." ...The words rattled inside of my head as I watched the ghastly motions of the boy take to the horse that I worked so hard to bring to Remus. Was it the herbs causing my head to lighten? I could not tell, but I did not even muster a response as the horse and boy took off through the mud. I raised a hand towards their direction, my only act to show defiance of this boy leaving me here. I felt both a fire, a sorrow, and a numbness taking over...but I could not let the later feeling take hold yet. I forced myself back down the trail, my hands grasping the reigns of the thoroughbred. I mounted the horse and kicked hard as my only arm held to the horse tightly. We shot off down the trail towards the distant sound of hooves pounding through the ash and mud. The ferocity of my desire overwhelmed the numbness that was stirring inside.

I'll find you...Remus.
Admin
Admin

Necrotic Insomniac wrote:The blade was free and the child lifted and moved away from it. It was hard and rather exhausting to move the child in this manner. But if he lived through all this he knew he would be stronger for it. Optimism was key for this nude youngster. Though many things seemed to be key to his survival he certainly held optimism above most others. With such a grip upon the child still the bunny thought about what to do. He wondered if he could heal the kid like how he can heal plants. It was strange to think the two might be connected but however he needed to at least try. Something to make sure this child would be okay at least for the small time being and let nature take its course.

The bunny set the kid down and with a light slap across the cheek to see if the boy would regain some composure. Not sure how well it would work but he had seen humans do this before. Though before the situation was never this dire. If it worked he would begin with simple words. "Calm down, what is your name?" If this didn't work there might not be hope for the boy and to leave him be. Though Hrodrick didn't like that thought and pushed himself further and most likely would continue even past the point of it being any kind of sensible help. He never knew what it would be like to lose something, not in such a dire situation.
Admin
Admin

BioCollision wrote:Feeling like a lost puppy in such a chaotic thing to reawaken into was in no way pleasant. I felt vulnerable as the shattering echoes of a screaming child fell behind me. Was it the boy who had nearly taken my life so blindly, or was it something else? I could not bear at mind to say any longer as I bolted my way out through the burning entrance, the very thing I could not imagine being torn down in such a way. Growing up, I felt it was such a strong defensive wall for our little town, the town that Sulette and myself grew up in. All of that was now behind me now.

As I escaped the confines of the thing I once knew I immediately felt lost on what it was that I needed to do. But I couldn’t think, instead I let my feet guide me. Before I knew it, I found myself lost in the woods, in the middle of nowhere. Not a clue of where I could possibly be. The sense of panic had now began to overwhelm me. “What do I do?”
Admin
Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:49 pm
Celestial Seliitoren wrote:[~|~]Ell continues to ride down the trail missing the young male that wandered into the forest to his right. His vision is tunneled and only upon re-entering the demolished Town of Firsts Ell is struck into a halt at all before him. There is nothing, nothing from just hours ago. His pace has slowed as he carefully looks around the town were he had last seen his twin sister. Sorrow and ruin is all he finds. Ell paid no attention to the male and surviving child with the white hair. He needed to find his sister; anything to show she is still alive. After about fifteen minutes Ell returns to the gate, there he noticed a particular piece of fabric tangled in a bush. Motioning towards it, Ell dismounts to have a better look at it. Upon having a better look he realizes this is a torn sleeve of his sisters robe. There was no mistaking the material. Retrieving it Ell grips it tightly taking note of this area. Blood had been spilled here. A struggle took place, and Ell followed the trail a bit further into the forest.

With horse in hand and vision focused Ell studies the land leading him deeper. Ell finds a body, however it is of one of the bandits which attacked the town. The bandit is dead with blood heavily stained on his neck. With further examination Ell could see the male had been stabbed. The blood trail continued with much of the landscape tossed about. There was more, the fight had possibly intensified he gambled. Passing a big tree another body was in the mud. This time the blade was present as well. Stabbed through his right eye socket, the blade belonged to Lill. Ell recognized the handle instantly. Dropping the reigns of the horse and running toward the body; when Ell gripped the handle the male suddenly shouted out startling Ell while causing him to fall backwards on his butt. "You-Your alive?" Ell stutters as he now slowly inches towards the male.

The male curses a few times but then stops after viewing Ell with his remaining eye. A fury overtakes him as the male spews curses and threats towards Ell even claiming to rape him. Ell realizes this man is mistaking him for his twin sister and in rage kicks him in the gut to silence his hollow threats. "You! Where is my sister?" Ell kicks the fallen bandit again now shouting, "WHERE IS SHE?" A few painful coughs; the bandit rolls over onto his back holding his stomach. Ell takes this opportunity to mount the male, pressing his knees on each respectable shoulder while his left hand grips the handle of the blade still lodged in the eye socket. "I have no patience for your ill yoke, so I shall ask only once more. Where is my sister?" The bandit understands the situation he's in and slowly begins to chuckle at it. "Sister? A lot of fight in that one, there is." Ell slowly twists at the handle causing pain for the bandit. "Stop! STOP! She's gone." Gripping the handle tighter, Ell leans in. "Where?" he demands. Another cough, the bandit answer with a smile "Where do you think boy? If ye haven't found her corpse yet, means one of my mates took a lil' fancy ta her. Oh I bet ya she'll be passed round the camp fire a few times wit how much spirit she got." Ell's rages at the bandits words caused his eyes to water. A sharp twist at the handle forced the bandit to silence his words and go back to screaming. However it was short lived for he is still able to taunt Ell. "GO ON! KILL ME IF YE WANT! BLOOD FER BLOOD. YE CAN CLAIM MY LIFE, YUR SISTER SHALL SATISFY ME MATES. SHE'LL EITHER BE DUMPED IN A RIVER OR SOLD WHEN THEIR DONE. SHE'S AS GOOD AS DEAD!" The bandit finishes with a sadistic laugh that echoed throughout the forest. Ell hesitated no more and after drawing the blade from the eye socket he yells a furious roar stabbing the bandit repeatedly into a bloody mess.

Silence befell him. His gaze is blank, simply unmoved at his own act of violence. Rising up dripping in a crimson blanket; to Ell this is a fitting end. Punishment for those guilty, his attention now turns to his sisters horse. He finished what his sister started and placed her blade upon his sash. Turning back at the corpse Ell noticed a design on it. Walking back to the body, he pulls from it a scarf with appears to be a symbol of this clan of bandits. Ell decided he will use this to track them down. Mounting the horse he heads off back on the trail towards the next town to clean himself and gather information on these bandits.[~|~]
Admin
Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:49 pm
Sulette, Approaching Fousture...

Although the path back to Fousture was travelled with more vigor than prior, the difficulty of this endeavor was ever more arduous under the intoxication of the concoction that the boy had drugged me with. The numbing sensations had trickled up and down my back, through my arms, and from my eyes poured out the empty thoughts that I could barely retain.

"What draesenic magic is this?" I spit the words out with a vicious intent. "If I find that fauldred sowtongue...I will beat his heart from his body..."

Though the words escaped me, I was unsure of how coherent the thoughts and actions I formed were. My head was pounding with my arm from the recent injury, the world was spinning faster than it should, and these woods were beginning to take on a new life than previous. Dark things seemed to lurk in the hollows.

I was certain that the darkest spaces of the wooden gaps of the trees were concealing the eyes of something sinister. But before I could focus or even steady myself upon this steed, the roaring flames of the entrance demanded my attention. Causing such a loud roar, the structure around it collapsing. And amidst the hesitation felt in the steed as it began to slow, I kicked hard into its massive stature, forcing hundreds of natural breeding and selective process to create the muscular beast which I road through the flame. Over the fires we lept, and into the muddy, despair I returned. My cries escaped me...

"REMUUUUUS!!!"

The hollow screams that I bellowed were that of utter remorse. I knew even before the words left my mouth that everything here was dead. Even the soil was scorched of life...or was it...

I saw a white haired boy and what appeared to be another boy, unclothed. Haste was not quick enough to take me to them as I shouted...

"YOU LIVE!?" Completely surprised, I spoke further... "TELL ME NOW...A BOY! DID YOU SEE HIM!? REMUS!?"

My hands were shaking as I clenched the reigns, feeling every muscle tense as I waited on their word.

Moments Before, In Fousture...

Screaming ensued, violent swaying and thrashing of the white-haired boy. He pulled the bloodied hand into his chest even as the male attempted to calm him. The hairs voice and violent actions seemed to cause no ease towards this situation, if anything, it made it worse. The smoke carried these cries of pain with them...but unbeknownst to them...an act of murder was befalling a mortal man, deep in the woods. Blood, outside of the town, was spilling into the forest floor, adding even more death to the count of unknown faces and lives that once lived here.

A dagger, somewhere beyond here was causing immense pain, it tempted the fate of a killer. It belonged to that which was inexperienced...but it was taught well its course. And before long, it plunged through the life of another, creating a final death for this toll.

The blade plunged through "unseen and unheard to the two within Fousture", and just like that the white haired boy stopped his wailing. The cries ceased, the boy was still. When all fated lines seemed to point towards obscurity, the path clears and we find direction.

The white haired boy looked towards the hair and then towards the sound of a horses gallop. The female atop had urgency in her, a direction she was looking for, a boy she could not find.

The white haired boy was still, silent, and slowly stood up, brushing off the mud from his garb. His blood staining his clothes. A smile seemed to charm him as he spoke clearly.

"I know not this Remus, but I know where he is going. I know not this dagger, but I know where it's heading. I know not this journey, but I know of its ending." The girl upon the horse was in a confused state, listening to this white-haired child, almost song-like in his voice, speak to her.

"An oracle?" She proclaimed...

"My name is Caulm, and we must head North...the city of Provollshia is where paths shall cross."

Without much thought to it, the girl's hand extended to Caulm, and pulled him to her steed. (Necro is invited as well)
The path was set and from this burning land, the group ventured far from Fousture and its forgotten wonders.
Admin
Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:50 pm
City information of Provollshia:

Provollshia is the Arcane Capitol of the Northern Region. A massive city that takes in the likes of all. There are many levels to this area and even more hidden places that one can get lost. The classes of this region are heavily segregated and often lead to conflict and frequent bouts of disagreement. The most notable area of this city is the Arcane district, but others would possibly be more interested in the market or the slums of this city.
Admin
Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:51 pm
Darkwing01 wrote:Raven ran through the forest with the other 5 thieves. They had just stolen from a noble in the city of Provollshia, and had been running for hours. They kept running until they reached the cave, which was a few miles into the woods near Fousture. She had noticed that the place looked like it had been on fire, and she moved faster. They entered and Raven sat down on a rock, shaking slightly. The others didn't pay her mind, they knew better than to ask her if she was ok and show her pity. When she had calmed down she opened up her satchel and pulled out a smaller bag." I managed to get some gold coins, copper ring, and dimond earrings." She said and the leader, Drake, nodded. Suddenly, two of the group member grabbed her." WHAT ARE YOU DOING, LET ME GO!" She yelled as they dragged her to a pentagram in the center of the cave. They didn't say anything as they threw her into the center. The all stood around it, each making a small cut in the skin and letting the blood drip into the circle. One of them walked in and did the same to her. Raven cried out in pain, but they paid no heed. Drake opened a book and started chanting, and the others copied him. Soon the pentagram started to glow red. A black shadow erupted from the middle and enveloped her." STOP THIS, PLEASE." She yelled, but they wouldn't listen. She cried out in pain as the black entered her body. After a few minutes the light faded. Her vision started to blur, and the last thing she saw before she passed out was the cruel smiled on their faces.
Admin
Admin

A Voice that only Raven would know:

The monotone slipped through the silence, a black veil that blinded the girl was both cold yet invigorating. It wrapped its presence around her and held firm as the five other bandits performed acts without the knowledge of what they were doing.

"my...my, Child, what are these creatures doing to you?" The empty voice spoke through the darkness and only resonated to Raven, it spoke in a culling manner. Easing itself over the dark, whispering.

"...these creatures are letting you die...they mean to harm your life...so precious...SO...much...STRONGER...than theirs." The figure almost had a form that was melded in her mind, it was something of a light beyond the dark. But was it malicious or not? The voice itself had many qualities to it, but none of them were clear.

"Do you...wish to...DIE...Child?"

"Are...you going...to let them...KILL...you?" The voice knew of their true intent, but it forced itself to twist the situation in their favor. This dark magic they were forming was a terrible exchange...and this medium wanted more.

"...Child...my...PRECIOUS...girl. Let me...help you...be my...CHAMPION...and...WEILD...my POWER..."

The dark caress pressed through the girl and took hold of the life blood within her, chilling and easing about her as it waited for her word to be. A contract was being made, but she would not know that this figure was writing it as he moved through the darkness within her.

"...what will it...be...RAVEN...Macoy..?"
Admin
Admin

Darkwing01 wrote:Raven heard a voice. It didn't sound like anyone she knew, and she couldn't pinpoint any specific qualities in the voice. She listened to the voice and she started to wonder, what was the intentions of her friends? Where they really trying to kill her? The more she thought about it, the more she started to succumbed to the voice. Then the voice asked her if she would be their champion, wield their power."Yes." She said confidently, unsure as to weather or not anyone else could hear her. She didn't want to die, and if it ment listening to the voice and do as it says she would. She felt a sort of calm come over her, and for once in her life, she felt no fear.
Admin
Admin

A Pact made in Blood:

Silence, it became the very foundation of the culling in this storm. The dark waves washed over the mind of Raven Macoy, but those waves were slowly turning red. A burning sensation, like that of a burning prod thrust into Raven's hand was met, the pain expected from something of this nature, yes...it would be excruciating. The voice was there, silent, but its presence was there. The simple "yes" was enough to seal a pact of unknown possibility. And to prove their fates were bound, upon Raven's hand...where the burning sensation dwells, a mark was bestowed to her, the pain would not cease and a new hunger that she craved would be towards that of Blood.

"...my...CHILD, our agreement is...MET."
"...my...POWER...is at your...fingertips."

And it was, for at Raven's fingertips was the desire to summon a device...or...weapon...something that came from within, forged in Blood, willing relief from this burning pain she would feel. A weapon from her Blood that demanded the blood of others. Never satisfied by the foes she would meet in slaughter.

"...now...Child...PROVE...to me...you are worthy of this...POWER!"

The demand was clear, and those so-called friends she once had about her, were nothing more than lustful desire of a Blood hungry deity.
Admin
Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:52 pm
TheMidnightBell wrote:Felaria gave a huff and blew a strand of hair from her face, watching as the evening's glow prepared itself to dip below the horizon. She gave a small sigh, making a small ball of light manifest in her hand, bringing a smile to her face and a small bit of comfort as she let it fizzle out of existence. Felaria was a magic user, discovered only two years ago while alone in her bed at night. She found that she had the ability to manipulate light, and had been searching for a way to improve or expand her skills ever since. She had come to Provollshia for the arcane district, searching for someone, anyone who could help her. She searched the signs of stores that she had not yet been inside, information brokers and bankers shops littering the street. She'd been expecting more of the likes of libraries, perhaps even teachers of the arcane art, but she had yet to find anything of the sort.

As the sun dipped even further below the horizon the street began to grow dark, and Fel reached up to the last rays of light, watching the light dance across her fingertips before she summoned her ability from deep inside, watching as the light redirected itself into her palm, twirling into a warm yellow ball. She pulled her hand away and held the floating orb of light with both hands, lighting up the street around her just as well as any lantern could. She needed to find a place to sleep, an inn, and she knows that she had seen one earlier.

Turning on her heel she walked back down the street holding the orb up as she passed shops, reading the small signs that hung from above their entrances. Finally she saw the sign she was looking for, and just in time, the ball of light in her hand was beginning to flicker. She closed her palm and let the light puff outwards like the petals of a flower, the small bits of light fading out of existence as she pushed open the wooden door of the inn.

She stepped inside, looking around the graciously lit lobby of the inn. She walked up to the shopkeep and gave a small nod to the board behind him, placing a few bits of coin on the counter, he grunted and took the pieces, handing her a key. She took the key and looked at the room number, saying a passing thank you as she walked upstairs. Room number four opened for the key she had, letting her into the dark room. Fel closed the door and immediately attempted to light the lamp, successful after a few tries. She sighed as the room lit up and I crashed on the bed, not realizing how tired she was until her head hit the pillow and she'd immediately fallen asleep
Admin
Admin

Darkwing01 wrote:Raven listened. She nearly cried out in pain, but she held it back. The demand was very clear, kill the ones she called friends. She opened her eyes and looked at them. They were all standing in stunned silence. She didn't relize it, but there was a faint black light around her, and her eyes were glowing a faint red. She stood up and let her instinct take over. She willed a black sword to appear in her hand. It looked to be made of so sort of metal, she guessed it was obsidian, and was one handed. The handle was studded with rubies, and it had a doubled edged blade. The thieves looked more confused and nervous. They said something, but she didn't hear them. All she could think about was her task, and their blood. She lunged forward suddenly and stabbed one, she couldn't tell who, in the gut. She then spun around and slashed the tip of the blade across the chest of another. She kept slashing and stabbing until there was one left. As she advanced in him, he yelled at her to stop, and asked her to remember what they had done for her. She stopped, hesitating. Why was she doing? Then she remembered what the voice said, and she relized, she was doing this because they had tried to kill her, and ultimately betrayed her. The man thought he had made her see some sense, and started to walk towards her. Suddenly she lunged and stabbed him in the heart." You ask why I am doing this, well I'll tell you why. You tried to kill me, and I simply cannot allow that kind of betrayal." She said, but her voice sounded colder, darker, and was a bit deeper. This was not the real Raven, only an illusion that had a thirst for blood. She yanked the sword ou of his chest, and watched with an expressionless face as he fell to the floor dead. The sword dissapered and the black light did as well. She was back to her normal self. She looked around and put her hand over her mouth in horror as images of what she had just done come to her mind. She fell to her knees and tried to fight back the tears that threatened to fall. She had just killed the only family she had, and even they weren't really her family, but they were the closes thing she had to one.
Admin
Admin

The Encounter of Raven:

Red streams poured from fatal wounds inflicted upon the five bandits laying at each point of the ritualistic symbol. The blood swirled and circled around Raven, saturating the earth beneath. And even though the darkness had left her for the moment, the branding on her hand would remain, burning, itching for more Blood.

As Raven sulked on her knees, a covered hand of dark leather softly reached out and pressed to her shoulder. The hand resonated a warmth that felt more than a human's touch, even while covered in leather. This figure came from the ritualized symbol, now paid in enough Blood to bring him to this place. His voice filled the room, but was unearthly in its tranquil caress.

"...Child...my Child...you are safe...dry your EYES."

Still pressing his words of seducing potential, this unnatural figure, masked head to toe in dark cloths and leathers now stood in her midst.

"...you have so much...potential...Child...all of this...was necessary...for your...SURVIVAL."
Admin
Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:53 pm
Darkwing01 wrote:Raven looked up in surprise when she felt a gloved hand on her shoulder, and heard the voice again. She heard him tell her to dry her eyes, that she was safe, and she had potential and had to kill them for her survival." Even so, they were the closet thing I had to family." She siad, sobbing. She tried to regain control of her emotions. She hated breaking down, especially around other people, but she couldn't control herself.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum